Egusi soup also known as melon soup is one of my favorite Nigerian soups. It is one of the most popular soups in Nigeria and we love our Egusi soup.
Here’s how I make my own Egusi soup. Enjoy!
What you need (Ingredients)
- Egusi (melon)
- Red oil
- Egg (yes egg)
- Palm oil
- Dry fish, Ponmo, Beef and Cray fish
- Dry pepper
- Seasoning to taste
How to (Method)
- Put the beef, fish and ponmo in a pot.
- Add two spoons of dry pepper, salt to taste, slice some onions and put 250ml of water. Allow to boil for fifteen(15) minutes.
- In a bowl, pour the melon and break one egg inside. Mix till well blended together.
- In the boiling pot, put the mixed melon and egg in scoops and allow to simmer for 10mins.
- Add palm oil and allow to boil for four(4) minutes.
- Add sliced Ugwu (Spinach) and stir.
- Then your Egusi soup is ready to eat. You eat it with Eba/Garri, Iyan (Pounded yam) or Semo
And that’s how the cookie crumbles. If you have other smarter ways of making your favourite Egusi, share with us and let’s make life easier together.
P.S. Thanks for reading this far! If you found value in this, we’d really appreciate it if you recommend this post (by clicking the share buttons) so other people can learn!