In this part of the world, mosquitoes are inevitable especially during the rainy season. So it may just be helpful to understand how to deal with them free of charge before they deal with us through illnesses they cause; malaria and her unwanted friends.
Amazing dealing with them isn’t as difficult as we think sometimes. What you need:
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 gram of yeast
- 1 2-litre bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Allow to cool.
3. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
4. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon-dioxide which attracts mosquitoes.
5. Place the funnel part upside down into the other half of the bottle
6. Tape them together if you desire.
7. Wrap the bottle with anything black, leaving the top uncovered
8. Place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control. That’s all
P.S. Thanks for reading to the end. If you found value in this, kindly recommend (by clicking the share buttons below) so other people can learn too!Is there a Howto you'd love to learn? We'll be glad to create it for you, let us know in the comments. Cheers!